Illuminati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Illuminati

Illuminati is a guild wich finds it's origin within the former Dream Hunters, after TDH proved to large to controll some of us left and founded Illuminati...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new path...

Go down 
+7
Douglas
Rim
Muze
dentanguy
Gnat
Wijffie/Arco
Rafe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafe
Admin
Rafe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-07

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Fellow guildmembers,

Lately things haven't been going to well for us, we had a major member loss, our GM left and most of his officers. Some of us decided to stay and try and rebuild this guild back to its former glory.

But as it seems right now, we are stuck. Recruits are not comming in fast enough for us to be able to accomplish the goals we have set out to do. We have only been able to have 2 raids so far since the majority of our members left, and to be honest the will was there, but due to the lack of certain classes we just could not progress the way we did before.

But still we didn't gave up our hopes, untill now. Last night we had a raid scheduled (wednesday 18-7) and about nobody showed up. I am not going to blaim anybody for that. I don't see the point of pointing fingers at each other anyway. But the fact remains that people have been whispering the officers about when the raid would be and they have also said they would be there. But as it turns out people didn't show up. This could be because we do not have a raid sign up page wich is working right now, even so people knew that we were going to raid last night, they asked the officers about it and it was in the guild message of the day.

Now I have read some post, and people are disapointed, I am no shame in that. I feel right now that people again will leave because we are just not getting anywere soon enough, and I for one don't want us to fall apart again. What I am saying is that we should stick togheter wheter in this guild or another...

So here we are again presented with the fact that we might loose members again, and if that would happen I am very sure that this would be the defenitive end of Illuminati.

However... there is a solution

Me and Douglas have had a conversation with another guild, a guild wich has just started out with Karazahn, they are looking to recruit more members in order to start a second Karazahn team and eventually move towards the 25 man content. This guild is willing to take all of us in, they accept the fact that along our members who raid also people will join who are casual.

Like us they have a lot of casuals to, and as much as we wanted to be a semi hardcore raiding guild we never were, maybe that is for the best to, because I dont think that you guys would choose an epic above on of your friends. And that is also a big part of being hardcore-ish that you play for your gear and for most people everything else comes after their gear.

As I was saying, they have a lot of casuals but there is also a core group wich wants to raid on a regular base of 4 times a week, meaning that both casuals and raiders would be in a guild wich provides plesure for both.

They want to provide a friendly enviroment in wich members can raid without having the pressure of progress, and this is something I think that most of us want as well.

The reason why I think we should join forces with them is that they have the members we are lacking right now, and we have the expierence they need to get through Karazahn. So that togheter we can finally march again towards Gruul and kick his ass. They use zero sum dkp, wich would be the dkp system we were going to use eventually, in my opionion it is the most fair dkp system.

So I want you guys to think about this, because we are in this togheter, and we should stick togheter, we are provided with the oppertunity to stay togheter and make a big step towards raiding again and being in a nice friendly guild.

Illuminati as a guild will stop to excist, but that is just a name, in the end what makes a guild are its members.

I will hope to see your comments on this as soon as possible so that we can make a decission wich most of us support and if you have any questions at all plz feel free to ask.

the guild I am talking about is Lazarus

Last edited by on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wow-illuminati.forumotion.com
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-10

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm

First thing i think is NO

But not raiding is also a no so i'm in a doubt. I really wanna raid again and make progres.

second the dkp
_ Does theire dkp set to zero as we join? Couse i realy want my t4 items 1 time.

Are ther gonna be officers from us officers in there?

How many groups will there be eventualy?

And third but not last least,
Seen this kind of mixed guild 2 times before and 2 times it didnt worked,
there is always a leader wich ego is to big, (hope you can understand this bad english 2 kapteins op 1 schip gaat niet).

And how far are they with kara now?

just the first few things i think about it.

now just wanted to here answer but also someone else as me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:52 pm

just 1 more question why not make total new guild with them togehter totla new start so that we are not the intruders with them and we will never feel so??
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Admin
Rafe

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 pm

About the DKP, they just started in Karazahn so they havent had chance to build up much anyway and a lot of us allready have a lot of gear from Karazahn wich they do not have. They said that they would treat us as equals so maybe something can be worked out about the dkp.

About the officers, there will be a few officers of us joining their officers.

There will be 2 raiding teams for Karazahn, wich will eventually become 1 raid for the 25 man content.

And as far as ego's, I dont have any trouble with stepping down from my rank and I dont think any of the other officers would have, yes there will be one captain on this schip, and that is going to be their Current GM.

And like I said they do not have much expierence in Karazahn they are stuck at the Curator, and with our expierence they want to clear it.

Last edited by on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gnat

Gnat

Number of posts : 17

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

We have tried really, really hard to recruit enough to regularly raid & also look forward to Grul.

We haven't been able.

As rafe says, the guild name isn't important-it'e the people.

By joining Lazarus, we will be able to raid Kara -together as friends- and also have enough guild members to progress to Grul when we're ready.

Michael, their GM, is ex-TDH & Hugoniot's brother. I know him well- I helped him attune at BM. He is a good guy.

You-our members-said we had to do something. You were right & we have.

This way- no-one is left abandoned-unlike when TDH disbanded & unlike when Illuminati hit its problems 3 weeks ago.

For all theses reasons, I support the move to Lazarus & hope we will all join tohether.
Back to top Go down
dentanguy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-08

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:35 pm

well i think we can do it , and i want to go forward becouse this is my first guild that i have tasted big and heavy instances and i want to move on becouse i love it and i hope that all memebers of illuminatie can join to so we can stick togheter.

so big boldy says [b]go for it
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:46 pm

just give it a try
Back to top Go down
Muze

Muze

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-09

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:52 pm

Well I'm not negative about this. I came back to help the people in this guild but i dont mind what name is above the're heads.

Just stick togetther and it will all turn out good i think.

Lets go start raiding and down hole Karahzan again like we use to do, have fun and hopefully be verry welcome in Lazarus, (OMG this almost means totally drunk in dutch). drunken

Let us know how you feel about it so we can make plans and stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:55 pm

Muze wrote:
Well I'm not negative about this.have fun and hopefully be verry Lazarus, (OMG this almost means totally drunk in dutch). drunken

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gnat

Gnat

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 am

By the way, guys, Lazarus website is http://lazarus.hopto.org
Back to top Go down
Rim

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-18

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:13 am

hmm i read they have 80 active members... and only one kara team, im comfused Shocked
Back to top Go down
Douglas
Admin

Number of posts : 18

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:00 am

We have 55 and CANT get 1 team going - still confused?

As per the move - I have talked extensively with all the officers and we decided we would do nothin until we know all of your thoughts, fears, questions etc etc. I DO support this move though and wish to stay with all of you, raid with all of you and progress with all of you. Alot of you are my friends and Rafe is right, my freinds are more important than the gear, but, I do wanna see US get the chance to see new areas and ALL improve our gear.
Back to top Go down
Rim

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm

We have 55 with alts and not all are active... i think we have about 35 active accoutns... but anyway, i support the move too, and i hope that everyone who wants to move can move. A lot of us is on vacation and i will leave again on monday and will be gone for about two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Thecount

Number of posts : 1

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Yo thecount here, lately ive seen happen what happened, and i didnt like it, wanna raid to sometimes, but unfortunatly i wasnt able or raids were cancelled.
I have in all officers my faith, and i trust that the move will improve our game, so im in for the move, and to meet new friends and to raid again

only thing that is twisting my mind is wether i take my hunter or my warr as main

greets Thecount/dothuh
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:14 pm

Thecount wrote:

only thing that is twisting my mind is wether i take my hunter or my warr as main

Dont know if it is ment to switch from main, cos for balance from the guild, but if it is possible take the one you like most to play with?
Back to top Go down
Squint

Number of posts : 2

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:19 pm

my 2 cents for what its worth.

If we were to recruit there members into illuminati there would be zero issue, so with that said i feel any negativity is just through pride in the G name (always good) or a fear of change.
The first, there is no way i/we can compare the value of a guilds name to the value of a guilds members as rafe said, so we just swell our numbers one way or the other..... its not like its the flower pansie fairy lovers guild or anything Wink

The second, change will not be as big as we might fear, we will have the same members if we stick together, if we intergrate some of our officers great, if not, the skill we bring to this change is XP, so ultimately we will reach the same ends. All the same names and faces plus some new ones is all we're looking at?

Even though the lack of raiding hasn't effected me personally yet, its still important, as is the general comunity and friendship that a good guild brings, as long as there are no pre-pubescent fist magnets G spamming all over the place, I don't see a real big issue. we take it as the next step (even if unexpected and unplanned) in a positive move to further ourselves, and the team we work in.

Peace and love
S
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:50 pm

now i see al this possitive reactions, I wonder why dont we move over this weekend? we can group up with them a little faster and know them?

better get it over better can be done.
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Admin
Rafe

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:24 am

If we join them we will do that before the next Karazahn reset, and besides that Michael has to explain everything to his own officers first, so we both agreed on waiting a few days before we would move over. Wich would be just after the weekend.
Back to top Go down
kilobyte
Admin
kilobyte

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: lazarus   A new path... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:03 pm

last night i tought things over clearly and talkd too several people and the conclusion is that i will not follow you guys in too the guild lazarus . why ? good question
well the answer is hard for me too explain but i will give it a try soo you all have an idea .
i searchd for a guild too pick off where illuminati has left before the breakdown and i found 1 . then gnat and rafe askd me too come back and i did because the (imba )druid that i am now is because of tdh and illuminati Smile . and i resspect the guild we where all friends and like family too each other.
but now if come too a point where i ask myself "is this what i want "?
start over from zero with a new raiding guild with little khara experience even with our guild in them and the exellent raid leading of rafe and the experience of other guildies in lazarus
point is i workd reeally hard too become hardcore raider and back too khara for weeks maybe even months before everybody is geard up too do gruul is a hard decision . after long thinking i decided not too follow , but dont get me wrong i love each of you and you all can count on me when you need me . i will stay till the last day of illu and with pain in my heart i will say goodbye and good luck too all of you im not joining an other guild at this moment and gonna relax for a bit because i want too level my hunter elliosiss Smile and grind my ass off . maybe some of youč think im loot orientated but that's not true , everybody must search in this game what they like the most and at this point i dont feel im doing that i need a bigger challenge thats all . i tried too explain it as good as i can but im not good in words .
i wish you all the best of luck in lazarus and in my opinion your all the best and you have the best admin team at your side .
i know you will make it and there's 1 thing left for me too say .
i support the decicion of the admin team in joining lazarus but that path is not meant for me much love and kissess too you all
your friend kilobyte ( joeri )
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Wijffie/Arco

Wijffie/Arco

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:39 pm

I can understand it. It's a pitty you wont come with us,

well good luck and so on.
Back to top Go down
Rim

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:28 pm

I agree with wijffie, good luck to you kilo and we will miss you and i hope you will follow us later.
Back to top Go down
Gnat

Gnat

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 6:14 pm

I am sorry that we won't have your company in Lazarus. You'll be missed.

Of course, I fully respect your decision & wherever you end up, I hope you find a home where you can get most enjoyment from the game.

I just want to say thank you for the support you have given to our guild- by trying so hard to keep it going when we hit our crisis, by returning when we asked, and by being such a good, faithful and reliable member and officer.

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
Muze

Muze

Number of posts : 9

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:07 pm

:*( gonna miss you, GL in lvling and we still will see you.
Back to top Go down
Quish

Number of posts : 1

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi guys, I'm already in Lazarus and I'd just like to say it'll be great to see you all again.
Lazarus is just like any good guild, most members are friendly and helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new path... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path...   A new path... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new path...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illuminati :: General and off topic :: General Forum-
Jump to: